Accra-Fab is on the search for a Job Cost Estimator. The primary function of this position is to generate cost estimates and quotes, and analyzes product costs using Planning for Product Realization tools and techniques, while working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Customer Service and Purchasing teams.
- Output: Accurate Job Estimates
- Works with customer service and engineering to clarify product requirements.
- Works with vendors and suppliers for costing of materials and subcontracting.
- Provide customer service with product quotes.
- Output: Prints for Manufacturing
- Review engineered drawings for manufacturability.
- Redline Customer Specifications and Requirements on manufacturing prints.
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOM’s) routings.
- Output: Successful Projects
- Contribute to Product Realization team outputs.
- Contribute to Cost Improvement team outputs.
- Research and implement Supply Chain sourcing options.
- Output: Improved Processes and Procedures
- Responsible for following all documented and posted safety procedures and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with and follow documented Quality/ISO/AS9100D procedures as well as company and department policy.
- Support and contribute to the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Contribute to efficient company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Previous costing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Blueprint reading experience preferred.
- Precision sheet metal manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficient in basic math.
- Proficient in Windows based programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.