POSITION TITLE: Product Cost Estimator/Analyst
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Generates cost estimates and quotes, and analyzes product costs using Planning for Product Realization tools and techniques, while working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Customer Service and Purchasing teams.
Output: Accurate Job Estimates
- Works with customer service and engineering to clarify product requirements.
- Works with vendors and suppliers for costing of materials and subcontracting.
- Provide customer service with product quotes.
Output: Prints for Manufacturing
- Review engineered drawings for manufacturability.
- Redline Customer Specifications and Requirements on manufacturing prints.
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOM’s) routings.
Output: Successful Projects
- Contribute to Product Realization team outputs.
- Contribute to Cost Improvement team outputs
- Research and implement Supply Chain sourcing options.
Output: Improved Processes and Procedures
- Responsible for following all documented and posted safety procedures and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with and follow documented Quality/ISO/AS9100D procedures as well as company and department policy.
- Support and contribute to the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Contribute to efficient company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Previous costing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Blueprint reading experience preferred.
- Precision sheet metal manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficient in basic math.
- Proficient in Windows based programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Manufacturing Cost Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)