PRIMARY FUNCTION: To develop, modify, and publish machine programs and drawings for flat sheet metal parts. This will be a dayshift position.
Output: Prints and Programs for Manufacturing
· Review print or CAD file to determine manufacturability.
· Make fully dimensioned flat layout with all hole sizes, customer name, part #, rev, etc.
· Review program layout to determine tooling and blank size that best optimizes material and compare with quoted information.
· Write NC program using auto programming software and use completed program to run tool try, 1st article or 1st part to QA.
· Occasionally manually program using machine code.
Output: Technical Support
· Assist Programming Supervisor with Customer/manufacturing projects, product realizations, cost improvements and other projects.
· Maintain process capabilities and tooling libraries, etc.
· Provides technical support for Sales Department and Manufacturing.
Output: Improved Processes & Procedures
· Contributes to efficient company operations by identifying improvements and supporting other Dept’s.
· Responsible for working safely and supporting a safe work environment.
· Ensure compliance, follow and support ISO / AS9100 Quality Management systems.
· Support and contribute to the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
· Two (2) years NC program experience preferred.
· Good math and trigonometry skills.
· Proficient in Windows based programs.
· Previous N.C. punch and brake press experience preferred.
· Two (2) years blueprint reading experience.
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location