POSITION TITLE: Buyer I
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Procure assigned commodities, goods and services.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from suppliers. Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Procure commodities assigned in a timely manner.
- Output: Purchase Order Management
- Ensures that purchase orders are monitored and managed.
- Communicate to the relevant group(s) any deviations from job requirements.
- Monitor purchasing costs to mitigate price increases.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Output: Request for Quotes
- Performs request for quotes with existing/new suppliers based upon business needs.
- Ensures database(s) are kept up to date with current data.
- Ensures all relevant information is flowed to suppliers and estimating personnel. This can include material specification(s), special process specification(s), manufacturer’s specification(s), and/or customer specification(s).
- Output: Supplier Management
- Establish new and maintain current suppliers as necessary.
- Monitor assigned suppliers for pricing, delivery, and quality performance.
- Taking action as needed to correct, develop, and mitigate supply risks. Escalating issues as needed.
- Output: General Duties
- Responsible for following all documented and posted safety procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to efficient company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with and follow documented Quality/ISO procedures as well as company and department policy.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- One (1) year purchasing experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Business, Office Administration, or equivalent preferred.
- High attention to detail.
- ISO/AS9100 Experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work under general direction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, time management, and deadlines.
- Ability to read/interpret detailed drawings, specification, and technical documents.
- Ability to communicate with other departments.
- Excellent Data entry skills (MS Word/Powerpoint/Outlook/Excel).
- Understanding of Manufacturing/Purchasing software or equivalent.
- General understanding of accounting, inventory, budgeting, and purchasing concepts/activities.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with suppliers.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Extensive phone, computer, and desk work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- purchasing: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity