PRIMARY FUNCTION:Performs a wide variety of press brake operations to produce parts that meet customer specifications.
- Performs a wide variety of press brake operations, including setups using light to medium gauge sheet metal, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Sets dies and stops as directed and adjusts ram, backstops and other factors as required to produce bends that conform in all aspects to drawing specifications.\
- Uses variety of measuring instruments to periodically check and confirm that dimensions and tolerances are met. Must be adept at converting measurements between metric and English systems.
- Responsible for following all documented and posted safety procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to efficient company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with and follow documented Quality/ISO/AS9100 procedures as well as company and department policy.
- Basic math skills.
- Mechanical aptitude of machinery.
- Able to understand basic use of calipers, etc.
- Comfortable with verbal instructions.
- Good written skills.
- Trumpf Brake Press experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Able to focus on jobs for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.